February is National Heart Month. What are you doing to keep your heart healthy? Think red, think beets! Beet juice may help lower blood pressure in just a matter of hours¹. That’s right, and lower blood pressure is right for your heart. Just a small ½ cup serving can also meet 17% of your daily need for folate, which is an important vitamin for brain, emotional and mental health.
Drink a delicious beet smoothie to add health qualities to your day!
Ginger Beet Smoothie
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 fresh beet, washed, scrubbed and chopped in chunks
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ small head of cabbage, (remove core)
- ½ cup fresh kale
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 ½ cups (or more) to reach desired consistency
Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until everything is completely smooth and the consistency desired.