Broccoli And Cheddar Cheese Soup
It may sound unlikely, but steaming cheesy broccoli soup that nourishes the senses can be part of your smart eating plan. Plus, it's a delicious way to warm up a cool night!
Recipe type: Lunch
Serves: 6 (1 C each)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Lite House Italian Dressing
- 1 can (10½ oz.) Condensed Chicken Broth
- 2 Broth Cans Water
- 4 C Chopped Broccoli
- 1 C Fat-Free Milk
- ½ C Instant White Rice, uncooked
- 1 C KRAFT 2% Milk Cheddar Cheese
- COOK onions in dressing in large saucepan until crisp-tender.
- ADD broth, water, and broccoli; stir. Bring to boil; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in milk and rice; simmer on medium heat 5 minutes.
- POUR into blender in batches; blend until smooth. Return to saucepan; cook on low heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Serve topped with cheese.