Fresh tomatoes and basil are key to this dish’s vibrant flavor. But it's the Italian dressing that really makes it sing. And you thought only a restaurant could pull this off.
Recipe type: Lunch
Serves: 4 (1½ C each)
- ½ lb. Capellini, uncooked
- ½ C KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 C Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 C KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅓ C Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- COOK pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- DRAIN pasta. Add to tomato mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Substitute - Prepare using cherry tomatoes, or substituting 3 chopped regular tomatoes for the halved grape tomatoes.