Caramelized Onion-and-Bacon Bread Ring Dip
Treat your guests to a delightful bread ring dip that has the dipping vehicle baked right in. Stand refrigerated bread dough around the edge of the skillet as it cooks. This Caramelized Onion-and-Bacon Bread Ring Dip includes some of your favorite hearty flavors and will feed 16 people.
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 cup slivered onions
- ½ cup fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 container (8 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 5 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
- ½ cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 can (11 oz.) refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 🍞 Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 🍞 Stir in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Cook 8 to 10 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally; cool.
- 🍞 Heat oven to 350°F.
- 🍞 Mix cream cheese and sour cream in medium bowl until blended. Add onions; mix well. Reserve 1 Tbsp. bacon and ¼ cup Parmesan for later use; stir remaining bacon and Parmesan into cream cheese mixture.
- 🍞 Cut bread dough into 16 slices; stand around edge of 10-inch cast-iron skillet, with cut sides of bread against side of skillet and overlapping edges of bread slices if necessary to fit.
- 🍞 Spoon cream cheese mixture into center of skillet; spread cream cheese mixture to edges of dough. Sprinkle top of dip with reserved bacon and Parmesan.
- 🍞 Bake 30 to 35 min. or until bread is golden brown and dip is heated through. Melt remaining butter; brush onto bread. Sprinkle chives over dip.