Chicken 'n Waffle Tacos
Let round waffles stand in for taco shells in these Chicken 'n Waffle Tacos! This chicken and waffles take on a Tex-Mex favorite is sweet and savory.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 16 strips
- 1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
- 8 round frozen waffles, thawed
- ⅓ cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- ½ tsp. Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Coat chicken with coating mix as directed on package; place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until done.
- Meanwhile, spray both sides of waffles with cooking spray. Gently fold each in half; secure with wooden toothpick. Place on separate baking sheet. Add to oven to bake with chicken for the last 8 min. Mix syrup, barbecue sauce and Sriracha sauce until blended.
- Remove toothpicks from waffles. Place chicken strips in waffle shells; top with syrup mixture and onions.