Chicken or Veal Parmesan
Author: Janice Douga
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Pepper
- ¾ C Bread Crumbs
- ½ C Vegetable Oil
- ¼ tsp. Basil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 C Tomato Sauce
- ⅛ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8oz Mozzarella Cheese, cut in triangles
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg and then into bread crumbs.
- Quickly brown meat in hot oil and place in shallow baking pan.
- Drain oil and add tomato sauce, basil and garlic.
- Simmer 10 minutes and add butter.
- Pour over meat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!