Chicken-Taco Cornbread Pie
A Mexican standard takes cover under golden cornbread to create this warm, comforting chicken bake. Best of all, prep is only 30 minutes.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1½ lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into ½ in. pieces
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) TACO BELL® Taco Seasoning Mix
- ¾ C Water
- 1 C KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pkg. (8½ oz.) Corn Muffin Mix
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until done. Stir in peppers, seasoning mix, and water. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- SPOON into 9 inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheese. Prepare muffin mix as directed on package; spoon over cheese, completely covering cheese layer.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.