Cookie Crumb-Topped Apple Crisp
An apple crisp you can feel good about—with warm apples, cinnamon and sweet crumbs o’ vanilla wafer cookies. And yes: that IS a Healthy Living icon!
Recipe type: Drinks
- 4 large Granny Smith apples (2 lb.), peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup cold margarine
- 25 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apples with ¼ cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon; place in 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine oats, remaining sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in wafer crumbs; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until apples are tender. Serve topped with COOL WHIP.