Creamy Filled Crêpes Suzette
OJ, marmalade and lemon juice give these creamy crêpes Suzette a triple layer of sweet and citrus flavor.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 7 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup flour
- 5 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter. Add to eggs and milk in large bowl; whisk until blended. Add flour and 2 Tbsp. sugar; whisk until blended. Let stand 30 min.
- Spray 6- to 8-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium heat. Pour ¼ cup batter into skillet; tilt skillet to evenly cover bottom with batter. Cook 1 to 2 min. or until bottom of crêpe is lightly browned. Run spatula round edge of crêpe to loosen from pan; turn crêpe. Cook 1 min. or until bottom of crêpe is lightly browned. Remove from skillet; set aside. Repeat with remaining batter to make a total of 8 crêpes.
- Mix cream cheese and marmalade until blended; spread about 2 Tbsp. onto each crêpe to within ½ inch of edge. Fold into quarters. Repeat with remaining crêpes.
- Bring juices, remaining butter and sugar just to boil in large skillet on medium heat; cook 5 to 6 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add folded crêpes; cook on medium-low heat 5 to 6 min. or until heated through, occasionally spooning sauce over crepes.