Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake
Explore this Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake recipe. Bring together caramel, cream cheese and pecans in this Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
- ¼ cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- Bake 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading COOL WHIP mixture between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts.