September means the start of a lot of things…cooler weather, school, and busier work weeks. But, it also means football season.
It’s always a good idea to make a list of game day grub for the season. After all, you can’t watch football without something to snack on, especially if you have hungry guys in the house.
So, get your game-face on and tackle the kitchen with these man-approved game day munchies.
PHILADELPHIA SPINACH DIP
A party classic as dependable as your game day superstitions (We know you have them!). So easy to put together it’ll never let you down.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE’s or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 env. (1 oz.) rand salad dressing mix
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained, chapped
- ½ cup chopped red peppers
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and dressing mix in medium bowl until blended
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
Serve with cut-up fresh vegetables and/or your favorite crackers.
TOUCHDOWN TACO SLIDERS
These scream big flavor in a small package. Topped with pepper jack cheese and salsa, our touchdown taco sliders have a kick that scores.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) TACO BELL Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 KRAFT Big Slice Pepper Jack Cheese Slices, quartered
- 16 slider buns
- ½ cup TACOL BELL Thick and Chunky Salsa
- Heat grill to medium heat
- Mix meat, seasoning mix and tomatoes just until blended; shape into 16 (3-inch) patties.
- Grill 4 min. on each side or until done (160 degrees F), topping with cheese pieces for the last minute
- Serve in buns topped with salsa.
SAUCY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN WINGS
Want to make entertaining extremely simple? These saucy slow cooker wings are easy, delicious and the reason why people come to your house on Sunday…or any other day of the week.
- 3 lb. chicken wings, split at joints, tips removed
- 1 cup KRAFT Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Heat over to 400 degrees F
- Place chicken on foil-covered rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 30 min. Transfer chicken to slow cooker; discard foil with any drippings.
- Mix remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over chicken; stir to evenly coat. Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours (or on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 hours)
For best results, remove any excess fat from the wings before baking them
A good substitute would be to prepare using KRAFT Hot & Spicy Barbecue Sauce.
JELL-O SPORTS TEAM JIGGLERS
No matter who you’re rooting for, these JELL-O JIGGLERS are sure to win big at your game day party.
- 2-2/3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 2 env. (1/4 oz. each) KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 2 cups milk, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
- Add 1-1/3 cups boiling water to cherry gelatin mixes in medium bowl; stir 3 min. until completely dissolved. Pour into 13x9-inch dish sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 30 min. or until gelatin is set but not firm.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatine over ¼ cup milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 min. Bring remaining milk to boil in saucepan. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Add to gelatin mixture; stir until completely dissolved. Cool 10 min. Slowly pour over red gelatin. Refrigerate 30 min. or until gelatin is set but not firm.
- Add remaining boiling water to blue gelatin mixes in separate small bowl; stir 3 min. until completely dissolved. Cool 10 min. Slowly pour over gelatin layer in dish. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 48 JIGGLERS with sharp knife.
Customize these JIGGLERS by substituting your favorite JELL-O flavors or colors for the cherry and berry blue gelatin mixes.
Navy Blue: Combine 1-1/2 pkg. (3 oz. each), JELL-O Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin.
Burnt Orange: Combine 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin and 1 Tbsp. JELL-O Black Cherry Flavor Gelatin.
Black: Combine 1-1/2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Grape Flavor Gelatin and 3 Tbsp. (about ½ of 3-oz. pkg.) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
CRISPY FOOTBALL TREATS
These crispy treats would be a hit with the home team just for their flavor. But even the away team will give you props for shaping them like footballs. Everybody wins with this 30-minute, bake-free recipe.
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- ½ up PLANTERS Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 1 oz. (1/4 of 4-oz. pkg.) BAKER’S White Chocolate, melted
- Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add peanut butter and marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec. Add cereal; mix well.
- Shape into 24 football shapes, using about ¼ cup for each. Dip tops of footballs in semi-sweet chocolate; place chocolate sides up, on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Spoon white chocolate into small resealable plastic bag; press out excess air, then seal bag. Trim small piece off one bottom corner of bag. Use to draw laces on footballs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Substitute 1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme for the marshmallows.
So now, are you ready for some football?! Pick up all of these ingredients from your local Market Basket and score some tasty touchdowns with these treats.