Patriotic Quilt 'Cake'
Pledge allegiance to a Patriotic Quilt 'Cake' from Kraft Recipes! You're sure to hear 'oohs' and 'aahs' when you serve this pretty Patriotic Quilt 'Cake.'
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (3.0 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pkg. (10.75 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 10 slices
- 1 qt. (4 cups) strawberries, sliced, divided
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- Stir boiling water into gelatin mixes in large bowl 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted. Refrigerate 20 min. or until gelatin is slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, line bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish with cake slices. Add 1 cup of the strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake slices. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Whisk Neufchatel and sugar in large bowl until blended; stir in 2-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Spread over gelatin. Arrange remaining strawberries and remaining ½ cup blueberries on Neufchatel mixture to resemble the squares of a quilt. Pipe remaining whipped topping around squares.