Pumpkin Gnocchi with Bacon and Sage Sauce
Enjoy fall flavors any time of the year with Pumpkin Gnocchi with Bacon and Sage Sauce! This pumpkin gnocchi dish is ready to serve in under an hour.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, chopped
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk (any kind, I used low-fat)
- ½ cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) potato gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet set to medium heat, add chopped bacon and fry until just crisp. Add sage and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin puree, whisking constantly until heated through. Slowly add ½ cup milk while continuing to whisk pumpkin mixture. If sauce is too thick, stir in additional milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once water is boiling, add gnocchi. Cook until gnocchi float to the top of the water, 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk Parmesan, pepper and nutmeg into the sauce as the gnocchi boils.
- Toss drained gnocchi in sauce. Serve with additional shredded Parmesan and sage leaves for garnish, if desired.