Simple Sausage and Chicken Gumbo
Serve over a bed of rice with warm cornbread and potato salad!
Author: MB Family & Friends
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 large Chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 pounds Smoked Sausage, cut into round pieces
- 1 pint (jar) Roux
- 2 large Yellow Onions, chopped
- 4 ribs Celery, chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 quarts Chicken Stock
- Creole Seasoning to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season chicken with Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Brown chicken in oven at about 350° F until golden brown.
- Brown sausage in skillet and drain grease.
- In large pot, over medium to high heat, pour in roux and bring to a simmer.
- Add onions, celery, and garlic and stir for about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, sausage, and chicken to pot and bring to a boil for about 1 hour.