Tex-Mex Beef & Rice Casserole
Tex-Mex Beef & Rice Casserole Here's a ground beef and rice casserole with all the Tex-Mex flavor they love: onions and peppers, tortilla chips, cilantro and a blend of cheeses.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 pkt. (1 oz.) TACO BELL® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn with red and green bell peppers, undrained
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheeses, divided
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese spread, seasoning mix and milk until blended.
- Drain meat; return to skillet. Add cream cheese mixture, tomatoes, corn and onions; mix well.
- Combine rice and ½ cup shredded cheese in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; spread to cover bottom of dish. Top with meat mixture and remaining shredded cheese; cover.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Top with crushed chips and cilantro.