Cherry French Toast
Author: Northwest Cherries
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 package (450g.) hot roll mix*
- 454g pitted and halved Northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 113g sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g lowfat cream cheese
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 Tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Cinnamon Sugar (optional)
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and cinnamon. Mix cream cheese and almond extract.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Flatten into 6-inch rounds. Spoon 60g cherry mixture onto one half of each round. Top with 1 tablespoon cream cheese and 1 teaspoon almonds. Fold dough in half and seal edges. Pierce tops with a fork to allow steam to escape. Brush with milk; sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon cinnamon sugar, if desired. Bake at 180ºc about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Mix 57g sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Storage tip: Cool and freeze calzones in freezer-safe plastic bags or aluminium foil.
- Reheat at 180ºc 12 to 15 minutes when ready to serve.
- *Check on ingredients needed to prepare dough