Recipe type: Lunch
- ¾ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2¼ tsp vegetable oil
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 8 (10 inch) tortillas
- 2 (8 ounce) packages 4-cheese Mexican shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to broil and grease a baking sheet.
- Add fajita seasoning to chicken and spread onto baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook (about 5 minutes).
- Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir in the red bell peppers, onion, and chicken.
- Cook and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Layer half of each tortilla with mixture, then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheeses have melted for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole.