Dear Market Basket Customers,
As your family owned and operated grocer, we make your family’s health and safety a priority. That is why we have implemented specific policies and procedures moving forward to keep our stores clean and stocked. We believe in providing our customers with the best overall experience and want to make you aware of these steps we have set in place.
Nobody knew how extensive this outbreak would be and we are closely monitoring both state and federal agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers and associates. Your health and well-being are important to us.
At Market Basket, we are taking the steps below to protect our valued customers and associates:
In Our Stores
- The Safe Maximum number of people will be determined per store based on size and layout.
- Signs are placed on entrances and throughout store reminding employees and customers to remain six feet apart
- Continuing to provide our customers with free disinfectant wipes at our store entrances to sanitize their shopping carts or baskets.
- Hand sanitizer is available at check stands for customers and associates
- Social distancing reminders are played over the PA system
- Developed sanitizing guidelines and schedule to include high touch points such as shopping carts, key pads, door knobs and handles, bathrooms etc.
- Marks have been placed on the floor at six foot intervals at check outs and other areas where customers line up for service
- Management is encouraging and reminding customers and employees to remain six feet apart when they are observed in violation of social distancing.
- Stores have been reduced to one entrance/exit
- Carts will be disinfected after every use
- Cashiers are assigned to every other check stand to adhere to social distancing until it is necessary to open additional check stands
- Market Basket is promoting its MB2GO online grocery ordering system and opened up additional pick up times
- Plexiglas sneeze guards have been installed between the customer and cashier at each check stand and at the Pharmacy.
- Limiting quantities on specific products so that we will be able to meet the needs of all customers.
- Working diligently to secure the products our customers need.
For Our Associates
- Employees are required to follow CDC Guidelines in reference to handwashing, social distancing, sneeze/cough etiquette
- Gloves are provided at all stores and available to employees
- Associates have been granted permission to wear face masks and disposable mask have been made available to them
- Encouraging our associates to closely monitor their health and well-being, as well as staying home if a household family member is ill.
- Emphasizing cough and sneeze etiquette as well as proper hand hygiene.
- Ensuring that adequate supplies are maintained throughout all departments, breakrooms and pharmacy areas.
To our customers, associates & communities:
Our goal is to be there when you need us. The communities that we serve are our priority. Thank you so much for putting your trust in us and shopping with Market Basket
President and CEO
Market Basket Food Stores