Cranberry Applesauce Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 2 tab
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together applesauce, oil, and eggs. In a large bowl, combine cake flour, SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in egg mixture. Stir until just moistened, and then fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into muffin cups, 2/3 full. Sprinkle nuts over the top of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 2 minutes before removing.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 150 ; Calories from Fat: 40 ; Protein: 3 g ; Fat: 4 g ; Sodium: 270 mg;
Cholesterol: 35 mg ; Saturated Fat: 0.5 g ; Dietary Fiber: 1 g ; Sugars: 3 g ; Carbohydrates: 24 g
Recipe Source: Splenda