Deep-Dish Layered Banana Pudding
Deep-Dish Layered Banana Pudding As if banana pudding weren't luscious enough on its own, we've gilded the dessert lily and layered it with vanilla wafers and a sweet pecan topping.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 46 vanilla wafers, divided
- ½ cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 4 bananas (1 lb.), sliced
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Crush 30 wafers; mix with next 4 ingredients. Spread onto bottom of rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring after 5 min. Cool.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. (Pudding will be thick.) Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP.
- Layer ⅓ of the crumb mixture and half each of the bananas and pudding in 2-qt. bowl; repeat layers.
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the remaining COOL WHIP; spread over top of dessert, sealing to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Serve topped with remaining COOL WHIP and whole wafers.