Easy Shepherd's Pie
There's "easy as pie," and then there's "easy as this potato-topped shepherd's pie." It can be on the table, piping hot and delicious, in just 40 minutes.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 C Mashed Potatoes (hot)
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 C KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 C Frozen Mixed Vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans), thawed
- 1 C Beef Gravy
- HEAT oven to 375º F.
- BROWN meat in large skillet; drain.
- MIX potatoes, cream cheese, ½ C Cheddar, and garlic until blended.
- COMBINE meat, vegetables and gravy; spoon into 9 in. square baking dish.
- COVER with potato mixture and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
If using instant mashed potatoes, omit the milk when preparing the potatoes.