Halloween Mummy Spinach Dip
Bake this fun mummy-shape bread loaf, and you can be sure this spinach dip will win best costume at your Halloween party.
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Frozen Pizza Dough, thawed
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 sticks KRAFT or POLLY-O Mozzarella String Cheese
- 2 Black Olive Slices
- 1 C BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
- ¼ C KRAFT Lite Ranch Dressing
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 Green Onion, sliced
- ½ C Finely Chopped Red Peppers
- ¼ C KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Thin Wheat Snack Crackers
- PAT dough into 12x6 inch oval on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Indent dough, about 3 inches from one end of oval, for the mummy's head. Let rise in warm place 20 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- HEAT oven to 375º F. Brush dough with egg. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped lightly. Pull apart string cheese to make about 16 strips; arrange on bread for the mummy's wrappings. Bake 1 to 2 minutes or just until cheese is melted; cool slightly. Press olive slices into bread for the mummy's eyes; cool completely.
- MEANWHILE, mix sour cream and dressing in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- USE sharp knife to remove bread from top of mummy's body; scoop out bread from center, leaving thin shell on bottom and side. (Reserve bread top. Discard removed bread or reserve for another use.) Fill bread with spinach dip just before serving; cover with top of bread. Serve with crackers.
Dip can be refrigerated up to 6 hours before spooning into bread shell.