Just because Super Bowl parties are festive and fun, doesn’t mean you have to blow your calories and overeat. Include snacks like guacamole, hummus, and dips made with yogurt. BUT, skip the chips and use veggies for dipping. Enjoy grilled meats such as hamburger or chicken, but again, skip the higher carbohydrate foods, such as buns and potatoes. Use fresh fruits and vegetables to get your carbohydrates.
Delicious fruit and vegetable kabobs are a good way to expand your Super Bowl menu without consuming a great amount of calories.
- Try crunchy vegetables instead of chips with your favorite dips.
- Vegetable kabobs can include veggies like mushrooms, onions, zucchini chunks, squash chunks, bell pepper, and asparagus.
- Fruit kabobs can include pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, honeydew, cantaloupe, or fruits of your choice.
Try fruit kabobs with this delicious fruit dip:
• 8 oz. Non-Fat Strawberry Yogurt
• ½ C Fat-Free Cool Whip
• ¼ C Fat-Free Sour Cream
• 2 tbs. Powdered Sugar (or Splenda to taste)
• Mix all ingredients together, chill, and serve.