Sausage and Pumpkin-Stuffed Shells
Sausage and Pumpkin-Stuffed Shells taste like the star of an autumn menu at your favorite Italian restaurant. You could easily serve Sausage and Pumpkin-Stuffed shells at home and pocket the tips! Find out just how much your family will enjoy Sausage and Pumpkin-Stuffed Shells.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Brown sausage with onions in large skillet on medium heat 7 min.; drain. Return sausage to skillet. Add spinach; cook and stir 1 min. or just until wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup pumpkin.
- Pour ½ cup broth into 13x9-inch baking dish. Spoon pumpkin mixture into pasta shells; place in baking dish. Cover.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Meanwhile, cook cream cheese spread, bacon and remaining broth in large saucepan on low heat 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Add remaining pumpkin; mix well. Cook 1 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon cream cheese sauce over shells. Top with mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 10 min. or until melted.