Too much Easter candy on your waistline? Try these simple tips for trimming down and losing the unwanted pounds.
- Get rid of the remaining candy. Out of sight is out-of-mind and you won’t even miss it!
- Drink 64 ounces of water every day.
- Plan your weight loss meals in advance. Make a list before visiting the grocery store, stick to the list, and purchase the majority of your foods from the outer aisles of the grocery store for fresh produce, meats, and dairy products.
- Read food labels for the fiber content when purchasing pre-packaged starchy foods, such as breads, cereals, pasta, rice and snacks. Choose similar items with higher fiber content to help create a feeling of fullness and contribute to better blood sugar control.
- Purchase single-size servings of snack foods. For example 100-calorie snack packs are calorie controlled and may help individuals eat less when purchased by the packet verses “grabbing a handful” of snacks from a larger serving size container. Too often this leads to “just one more” handful and unwanted extra calories. It may be a good trade-off to spend extra pennies for single-servings rather than risk adding extra pounds by purchasing larger serving sizes.