Stuffed Poblano Peppers (Chiles Rellenos)
Stuffed Poblano Peppers (Chiles Rellenos) Dig into this rich recipe! Large poblano peppers get a stuffing of chicken, cheese and chunky salsa and emerge from the oven hot, melty and delicious!
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 large poblano chiles
- 1 cup TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked long-grain white rice
- 1-1/4 cups KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided
- Heat broiler.
- Place chiles on foil-covered baking sheet. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 7 to 10 min. or until evenly blackened, turning occasionally. Transfer chiles to bowl; cover tightly. Let stand 20 min. or until cooled. Peel chiles; discard skins. Cut lengthwise slit in each chile, being careful to not cut through to opposite side. Remove and discard seeds.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix salsa, cilantro and cumin in medium bowl until blended; spread half onto bottom of 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Add chicken, rice and ¾ cup cheese to remaining salsa mixture; mix well. Spoon into chiles; place in prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through.