Taco Casserole This easy recipe only takes 15 minutes to prep! You can also make this Taco Casserole spicy with shredded hot pepper cheese.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) TACO BELL® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) kidney beans, unrinsed
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 pkg. (30 oz.) ORE-IDA Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and stir meat, onions, garlic and taco seasoning in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat until meat is done, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Drain beans, reserving ¼ cup liquid; set beans aside. Add reserved bean liquid to meat mixture along with the tomato sauce and chilies; mix well.
- Spread half the meat mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with layers of half each of the beans and potatoes. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 min. or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted.