Try these tricks for quick and easy ways to cut your fruits and veggies and please remember to always use caution when handling knives:
- Use a knife to cut around the avocado’s pit and twist apart the two halves.
- Hit the pit with the knife to lodge it in the knife blade and remove it.
- Slice the avocado’s pulp without cutting through the outer skin.
- Scoop out the pulp using a spoon.
- Bend the paper clip open and push it through the stem end of the cherry.
- Twist the paperclip until the cherry pit comes out.
- Cut along the mango’s pit.
- Place the rim of the glass where the skin meets the mango’s pulp and slide the mango down glass’ sides and the skin should peel off in one piece.
- Cut both ends of the pepper off.
- Stand the pepper up using it’s cut end and move the knife along the pepper’s insides to remove it’s seeds and cores.
- Cut the pepper in half and you now have a canvas to cut the pepper into any shape.
- Half the watermelon longways.
- Make two slices toward the rind from each side (don’t cut all the way through.)
- Cut a circular shape around the rind to break apart the flesh from the rind.
- Make crisscross cuts into the watermelon’s flesh and tip it over and watch the cubes fall out.