Live the triple chocolate dream with this showstopping mousse cake. We’ve got a video here to take you through the recipe, step by simple step.
Triple-Chocolate Mousse Cake
Triple-Chocolate Mousse Cake Live the triple chocolate dream with this showstopping mousse cake. We've got a video here to take you through the recipe, step by simple step.
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 7 eggs, divided
- ½ cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Pour chocolate syrup into 12-cup fluted tube pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and 3 eggs in large bowl with mixer 2 min. or until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Pour over syrup in pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in separate bowl with mixer until blended. Add remaining eggs; mix well. Blend in evaporated milk and melted chocolate; gently spoon over cake batter in pan. Cover with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed side down.
- Place tube pan in large shallow pan. Add enough water to larger pan to come at least 2 inches up side of tube pan. Bake 1 hour 30 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan. Refrigerate 2 hours. Invert cake onto plate; remove pan. Serve cake topped with COOL WHIP.