VELVEETA® Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
Turn your backyard grill into a Liquid Gold mine this summer. These tasty poppers made with macaroni, VELVEETA and bacon are sure to please.
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 6 oz. VELVEETA, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup milk
- 10 large fresh jalapeño peppers (3/4 lb.), cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- 10 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cut crosswise in half
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook macaroni in medium saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt; drain. Return macaroni to pan. Add VELVEETA and milk; cook on low heat 5 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly.
- Spoon macaroni mixture into pepper halves; wrap with bacon to completely enclose filling, overlapping edges of bacon as needed. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Cover grill grate with foil. Place peppers, cut sides down, on foil.
- Grill 20 min. or until bacon is crisp and peppers are heated through, turning after 10 min. Remove and discard toothpicks before serving peppers.
- These delicious poppers can be baked in the oven instead of cooking them on the grill. Heat oven to 400ºF. Stuff peppers as directed. Secure each popper with wooden toothpick. Place, cut sides up, on foil-covered baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 min. or until bacon is crisp and peppers are heated through.
- Special Extra
- Prepare using Jalapeno VELVEETA.