Wave Your Flag "Cake"
Summer holidays: Good for picnics, not so great for baking. Avoid heating up the kitchen by combining Jell-O Gelatin, cake and berries for a truly patriotic treat.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Gelatin, any red flavor
- ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) prepared pound cake, cut into 10 slices
- 1-1/3 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Slice 1 cup strawberries; cut remaining strawberries in half.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted. Refrigerate 5 min. or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, cover bottom of 13x9-inch dish with cake slices.
- Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Spread COOL WHIP over dessert. Top with fruit to resemble the flag, using strawberries for the stripes and remaining blueberries for the stars.
Serving size: 18 Calories: 160 Fat: 6g Sugar: 20g